Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Apples n Oranges

To compliment my recent update, I'd just like to say this week has been the apple to my previous month's orange (or orange to apple - I love both). First off, PC visited all the Talas volunteers to see how we're doing. The vice-director pulled out some candy corn and some oranges at the end - my jaw almost hits the floor, oranges are delicious and super expensive now! But yeah, that was great.

This week has been the best week I've had in Kyrgyzstan. Everything has gone right, everything has been positive, everything has been wonderful. My packages arrived. I'm going to Bishkek for the weekend. I was able to sleep and rest. We have a new president. And this president isn't the stinky national-Republican type that has been destroying our reputation and economy for the past few years. It's our historical, first African-American, hope-inducing, positively and peacefully minded new president: Barak Obama! Hurray!

Things are going great. I've needed this energy and excitement for a long time; it's just coincidence that everything is all happening at once. Cheers to all, huzzah!

No comments: