Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Advent

So the time has finally come -- this is the eve of my departure. My month or so at home was, for the most part, enjoyable. I was able to spend it with family, attempting to simply have good and memorable times. The struggles and arguments over what/when/where I'll pack, do, go, be, etc. are almost at an end, the time for experience is now. It's refreshing knowing I'll be doing something new and exciting in a completely different environment, yet I'll miss everyone I'm leaving behind to do so.

I would just like to thank everyone who has helped, been there, and cared about me. It means a lot to have good family and friends, and doesn't make leaving easier. However, I'm excited about sharing my experiences however I can -- I will attempt to update this blog on a monthly basis.

So far things have been interesting. I am one of 62 trainees (one of the largest PC classes), making names hard to remember. But I think this is a good crowd, with a fairly diverse selection of personalities and people. Today has given me a bit more confidence because I feel a bit more qualified to go into Kyrgyzstan than I was yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris

May God bless you on this new journey in life. May you grow to know and understand your a piece of your purpose in life. I am sure you will good, bad and great days but remember people at home are thinking of you.

Delight
Psalm 37:4