Friday, December 26, 2008

Tastes of home

So I have here a wish list. Right now I'm fine with clothes - only thing I can think of at the moment is hats, and that's more along the line of a Boston baseball cap 'cause I don't have one right now.

I have to say everything that was sent in the way of food was absolutely great! The method of taking stuff out of boxes and putting it in something else to save space is a great idea, just be sure the items are secure so they don't explode all over the box (ala oatmeal). But anything and everything that has been sent over so far has been greatly appreciated, and I am eternally in your debt for giving me a piece of happiness from home here in Kyrgyzstan!

Now, this is the stuff I dream of. It's all a wish list, so take it as that and not a demands list, please!

Thank you all so much once again, and I hope everyone has a wonderful and Happy Holiday Season!

Peace,
Chris

Wish List:

Candy:
Reese's (pb cups, pieces, really anything reese's, it's all amazing)
Jelly Beans
StarBursts
Skittles
Three Musketeers
Swedish Fish
Most anything chocolate
Most anything anything
If you send it
It will be eaten

Food:
Peanut Butter
Dried fruit (pineapple, mixes, banana, cranberry)
Trail mix type foods
Granola bars
Anything bar form
Drink mixes
Things in pretty plastic jars (my fam loves the jars)
Anything that has been previously sent
Pringles (cause a bag will just... ugh)
Anything you can think of that will last a trip of 2-6 weeks!

Everything I've received so far has been superb!

Sauces, Spices etc:
BBQ Sauce
Pasta Sauce (or paste even, the stuff here is quite subpar and tomatoes won't be in season for a while)
Nutmeg (cmon, how can a CTer not have it?)
Breakfast Syrup
Rosemary
Thyme
Honey Mustard
Anything that can be used as marinade or sauce or pretty much anything.
And more vanilla

What I don't need:
Ramen noodles
Gloves

No comments: